Monday, February 4, 2008

House For Sale

If anyone wants to come for a visit, now is the time to do it. You'd better get here quick while the house is still looking good. "What do you mean, 'While it is still looking good?'" you say, "Doesn't it always look good?" Plain and simply, no. However, within the last month, this house has undergone radical cleaning, and it isn't even spring. The reason is that our house is for sale and we hope to have interested buyers roaming throughout each room picturing themselves as the residents.

The decorating shows advise that when showing a house, the look should be uncluttered and spacious, and homey without too much personalization. That would be easy to do if we had already moved, but the problem is: we still live here. Not only do we live here, we have a guinea pig, and we have school for three children here throughout the week. “Ah,” you shake your head knowingly, “Now I understand.”

2 comments:

  1. Aww, it always seems spacious even w/the daily grind. Of course, it's a great layout, and that helps. Keep us posted on the showings/progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to butt in here. I am a friend of Stacia and Fro and Steph. Moving is not fun. I am an OLD (definitetive word) hand at it. I found the best thing to do is put away everything you don't absolutely need. That is nick-nacks, most pictures, books, pretty those shelves up with just a few bowls or jars, and have the children weed out the toys -- an extremely difficult chore, I realize. Invest in some baskets (with lids) for the toys and stick them in the corners of the room when someone comes in.

    You CAN get along without a lot of things you think you can't. Just call it camping-out-until-I-move mode.

    And, yes, keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete