Wednesday, February 6, 2008

You Want to Hold an Open House When? Part 2

That last Open House was not successful because it was too cold for people to venture out house hunting. Maybe Super Bowl Sunday would be a better day. Not!

“What more could you possibly need to do before you open your home to the public again?” you may say. Perhaps you need a reminder that there are three kids here. Nothing stays in its place for any length of time.

Although no walls needed to be repainted, toy boxes and shelves had to be cleaned up again. I discovered that the boys’ complaints about not having any more room in their drawers and under-the-bed storage boxes were accurate. They had filled them all with “interesting” rocks. While they visited their friend, I separated the good ones from the ordinary marble landscaping chips, which I returned to their rightful place in the side yard. All the while I knew nobody would be coming.

Despite my intuition, I pressed on with another project; the toe strip molding in the bathroom. That’s another of those projects I could have done long ago but for some reason or another, never got around to. It looks so good, maybe we should just forget about moving. Or not.

We all managed to get out of the house together Sunday morning and made it in time for Sunday school. I must have neglected something in my own ablutions because someone asked me if I wasn’t feeling well. After church we ran a few errands to allow all the visitors to make their exit before we returned home. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Super Bowl Sunday is not the right time to have an Open House either.

1 comment:

  1. What was your realtor thinking?? As far as assuming they'll do the right thing and the thinking for you, I think you can see that is not the case. Pretty sad, especially considering commission. Times are tough right now, though, so you might not be able to do any better. But Spring is on the way.

    ReplyDelete