We looked at a house today. The price was right, as were the size and location, but it was not what we expected. It was not the house for us. This may be a more difficult task than we anticipated. We still have time as we haven't even had anyone look at our house yet. We just want to know what's out there so when the time comes, we're ready.
I was surprised at the "lived-in" look that greeted us at that house. I know the residents had several days' notice that we were coming, but it looked as if they had just walked out the front door without any concern of hiding the personality...and there was a lot of it. The kids were a little too interested in the stuff that belonged to the people. It reminded me of Heather's sorrowful plea when she learned we planned to sell our house. "Can I take some of my toys with us?" Apparently, she thought the house went with all that is in it. She was so relieved to know she could keep the toys and her own bed. Our personality goes with us and theirs goes with them.
Will this experience cause me to lighten up in my preparations for our open houses? Not likely. That wouldn't be my style. I'm a perfectionist. I'm trying to sell a nearly perfect house and find one that is even more perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment