Tuesday, February 5, 2008

You Want to Hold an Open House When?

The realtor called on Wednesday to ask if we were ready for the Open House on Sunday. “What? Did we discuss this?” I was in a panic. She assured me we had talked about it back when we signed the contract…before Thanksgiving. That didn’t count as a discussion to me, so we agreed to move it to the next Sunday.

When I wasn’t teaching school, my days were spent cleaning out closets, cabinets and drawers. You never know where people may look when they come through your home without you there. I took a van full of things to Goodwill and bought organizer baskets for shelves in the closets. These changes made a difference to us in the here and now. Who knew things could be so orderly?

The last project was to get that boys’ room painted. We said “goodbye” to all the letters and pictures scrawled across the walls by hands just learning to use pens and pencils and welcomed a coat of steel blue paint in their place just before midnight on Saturday. There were many other projects to do, but this would have to suffice because time was up and there was a record cold snap on it’s way, so who was going to come anyway?

Sunday morning I sent the family off to Sunday school without me so I could put on the finishing touches and meet them in time for church. It took longer than I expected, but I finally was satisfied and left to join the others at church within minutes of the realtor’s arrival.

When we got home, there was a note that read, “No one came, but my husband has voted you best cookie maker.”

1 comment:

  1. Lol. Your just supposed to bake the cookies for aroma. You don't have to share them! ;) Well, looks like people missed out for more reason than one, anyway.

    ReplyDelete