Today I weeded the center section of my garden. Got all the new herbs into position and relocated the oregano to a better spot. I planted stevia, catnip, sweet basil and parsley. My produce bill shall be cut for the summer. The next chores will be to remulch the garden paths and purchase, or make, a new birdbath. Then we will need to paint some fancy garden labels so we don't accidently put catnip in the iced tea...although it says you can...
I carried all of the furniture I had stored in the shed for open house purposes back into the house (including and armchair, helping me to produce more muscle)to make room for the new riding lawnmower. The mower was purchased from our neighbor with the money earned at our garage sale on Saturday. It is used and has a few imperfections, such as a slight gas leak that makes it unthinkable to store in the garage. Having experienced only one night of allowing the mower to be in the garage and the subsequent smell it produced that entered the living quarters, I feared that l'eau de lawnmower would penetrate the soft furnishings if left in an enclosed space.
Troy then used that new mower when he came home because it is suppposed to rain for the next four days and he is having his knee surgery in only three days. After he mowed, I went out to prune some bushes and discovered an unpleasantry. The new mower threw a stone up at our bedroom window. It produced a hole in the screen and broke two panes of the triple pane glass. Another expense. Wonder if we can apply for a stimulus package grant for that...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment