Tuesday, April 21, 2009

April Showers

When it rains, it pours! This is such a busy time of year. We jump from one activity to another without seeming to stop for a breather, much like the rains we've been experiencing.
Drip! Drip! Drip! We put our house back on the market in March and much to my surprise the realtor called April 8 to ask if someone could come through to look at it the next day. Of course, when she called I was getting everyone done with school work, preparing supper, taking care of one house guest, wrapping presents for Heather's birthday on Thursday, getting ready for Awana in less than 2 hours and attempting to clean the house for Easter weekend company. What could I say but "Yes?"
Pitter! Patter! Thursday morning, I worked so hard to get everything perfect because house hunters look everywhere... in closets, drawers, cupboards, garages, you name it. I had the car in the driveway, and the kids outside as I finished all the last minute jobs when the people arrived. I asked them to excuse me as I put away the vacuum and rinsed out the bathroom sink and told them we would get out of their way. But they started asking questions for which only I had the answers, so we stayed throughout their visit. I know that is not recommended, but what else could we do? After they left, we had to rearrange to make space for our overnighters. This entails moving Heather out of her room and into the boys' room.
Friday, the cousins came. Heather asked that we save her birthday cake from the day before so she could have a real celebration with them. For the most part, the day was great, except for one minor flaw. Thunder and lightning! We got a postcard in the mail from the sheriff notifying us that a child molester has moved into our area. I attached it to the fridge and decided to think about it later.
The sun peeks through the clouds! We enjoyed the rest of our weekend, spending time with family in Tiffin and celebrating Easter at church. The childrens' choir and adult choir and ensemble performed for the Resurrection services. The many practices for those were like the drops the come slowly before the real rain gets started.
Drip! Drip! Drip! Not again! Monday, the realtor calls with the news that the people would like to look at the house again. That afternoon. Ahhh! I still haven't gotten everything cleaned up from the weekend, but we rush around and pull out of the driveway as they get out of their cars to come in. When we return, we learn that they have made an offer. Hooray!
Is that the sun behind those clouds? Tuesday, we go to the realtor's office to sign the papers. In their paperwork, there is a curious note. They want to know if we have had any notifications about sexual predators in the area. We have to answer honestly. We give the information that we have been given and make our counter offer.
Wednesday, the realtor calls again. There is good news and bad news. They thought our offer was perfectly fair and would love to accept it but they have to decline because they checked with the sheriff's office about the predator. Whoosh! The wind blows our umbrella inside out! There apparently are two predators. Whoever checked for them told them that the one lived only 2 blocks from this house. They don't even have kids living at home, yet they felt they had to say no. What about us? We have 3 kids living here. I checked the addresses out myself. The closest one is actually .5 miles away and other is at least 2 miles away.
Anyway...we are still trying to get all that settled. I don't know if there is a place you can live in Ohio where there isn't someone dangerous living in the vicinity. Not only that, who is to say one wouldn't move in after you did? I don't know if they will change their minds.
It is still raining...literally and figuratively. This week we are having a series of revival meetings at church and Friday is our home school group puppet show at Wood Lane School. I can't wait for the May Flowers!

1 comment:

  1. Cute post! :o) (Although I wish they would've bought your house!)

    ReplyDelete